Today marks the beginning of a very important celebration. Today, the first of November, is the first day of Birthday Month. My Birthday Month to be exact. I am a big believer in celebrating, and an even bigger believer and celebrating Me. Now, I know that you are all very concerned about how to celebrate Birthday Month, but do not fear, the Birthday Girl is here.
I will be 29 this year, so I think it’s only fitting that you have 29 ways to celebrate. Feel free to mix them up, add your own, do more than one a day, dress up and celebrate!
1. Eat A LOT of Mexican food. Guacamole and Tacos should be at the top of your list.
2. Go to Disney World. Take a pic in front of Cinderella’s castle and tell Mickey I said “What’s up?”
3. Do an Insanity workout and let Shaun T scream at you. “Letsgo!!!!!!!!!!!”
4. Shop at Sephora and buy me something…anything. I love everything.
5. Do something nice for someone else…pay for their Starbucks, love their baby, make them dinner, tell them their pretty…just make someone smile, K?
6. Snuggle your pets, or someone else’s pets, or go to an animal shelter and snuggle those pets. Then adopt them all and take funny pictures and share them on Reddit.
7. Buy everything on my baby registries. Thanks. It will be fun for both of us, promise.
8. Please, call me at 7am and make sure I am awake and not lying on the couch pretending to write. Then make some coffee.
9. Speaking of coffee… let’s have a Starbuck’s date.
10. Finish reading that book you keep putting off. If you haven’t read The Other Typist yet, then read it, call me and tell me what the hell happened at the end.
11. Watch Pretty Little Liars! I started watching this show a few weeks ago because everyone was freakin’ out about it on Facebook. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I started from episode 1, and have now watched all 84 episodes. It is full of teen drama and a bit ridiculous, but my God it is addicting and I LOVE it. The last 2 episode were insane! So watch that, call me and we’ll talk about that too! Like, who’s your favorite? I just love Spencer.
12. Do something crafty, like help paint my nursery! Woohoo!
13. Volunteer, but do it somewhere near Nashville and invite me. I really want to find a good place to volunteer, maybe a Children’s Hospital? Anyone familiar with this?
14. Go shopping. Not sure where to go? Target, Anthroplogie, Modcloth, Sephora, Bergodor’s, Blush, Forever21, Nine West, H&M, Zulily, LuLu’s, JCrew…that should help. And, maybe you want to pick up something extra for a special Birthday girl?
15. Have a dance party. You must dance the whole time, and so must anyone in attendance…even if it’s just your dog and your Husband.
16. Listen to Broadway show tunes and like it.
17. Watch Gilmore Girls and start memorizing the lines. It’s about time you all start getting my references.
18. Be extra nice to Husband, after all, he has to put up with me ALL Birthday Month.
19. Travel somewhere exciting and have an adventure…might I suggest Tennessee?
20. Be a vegetarian for a day, or more. It’s not as hard as you think.
21. Don’t forget to go all out for those other November holidays! I expect lots of adorable Thanksgiving Day photos and some hilarious Black Friday fighting-the-crowd stories.
22. Fall cleaning! I have already put away my summer clothes and organized my winter wardrobe. I’m a little nutty when it comes to organizing my closet. And puh-leeeasse do not forget to throw out the crap you didn’t even wear last season, just get rid of it! You will NEVER wear it.
23. Spend the day outside…go hiking, find a waterfall, have a bonfire, share a picnic, eat on the balcony and play in the rain.
24. Relax, you know you need it.
25. Now, get off your lazy bum and clean something. My floors are always dirty if you need something to focus on…good exercise too.
26. Go out with your friends, have a slumber party and invite me.
27. Learn to cook something kind of simple for Thanksgiving and then send me the recipe, or the dish even. It’s okay if I get credit right? It’s my Birthday!
28. Send something to a friend, something they need! I have a friend who is teaching in the Peace Corps in Africa right now and I cannot wait to send her care package! I’ll have to sneak a Birthday Month celebration in their too… Birthday Month should be a worldwide celebration!
29. Wish me a Happy Birthday (it’s the 22nd BTW).
There you go, you have basically an entire month of activities to keep you happy and busy. Happy Birthday Month to all of you!