It’s been a while since my last “top ten” post, and boy am I ready for another one! Tonight/this morning I am up and thinking about NYC. Today a friend asked me if I miss the city, and of course I do. Who wouldn’t? So tonight’s top ten is..
“Top Ten Things I Miss About NYC”
1. My job. Looking for a new one stinks, especially since I really loved my old job. It’s so rare to find a job you love, a boss you love in a location you love.
2. Central Park. Tennessee is full of nature and breathtaking views, but I still miss walking to Central Park, taking Belle to “off leash hours”, picnicking and people watching. No park can compare to Central Park.
3. The FOOD! OMG, why don’t the nice men on bicycles ride to Nashville to deliver my favorite vegetarian dishes at 2am?! I miss the pizza, the bagels, the Indian restaurant near my apartment, diner breakfast and it’s only been a few weeks!
5. The shopping. I miss Madison and 5th so much. Not that I could afford to shop on Madison and 5th, but window shopping was mine and Husband’s favorite way to relax.
6. The views. We may have snuck onto the roof the Parker Meridian fairly often to enjoy its view of the city, but we also love the view from many other rooftops…half of which were legal.
7. New exciting things and events every weekend. There is always something new to do in NY. The Daily Candy and Time Out NY always kept me up on the latest exhibits, new store openings, upcoming concerts, Broadway premiers, fashion shows, free festivals, street fairs, comedy shows, park events and so much more. NY has something for everyone…and LOTS for me.
8. The fashion. I loved just looking at what everyone was wearing, but I really loved the fact that I could wear anything I wanted and not be judged. New York is probably the only place that you will see a girl in stilettos, a guy dressed in candy wrappers, someone half-naked, someone else wrapped in cellophane, people in pajamas and people in designer gowns all within feet of each other. No one even gives them a second glance because a)they could be going anywhere or coming from anywhere and b) who cares? Now, in Tennessee, I get stares if I wear a sheer top or tie-dyed wedges.
9. Broadway. I think we saw over 30 shows in the two years we lived in NY. I loved being able to pick up half-price tickets in Time Square on a whim any night we felt like going out.
10. Zoey. Yep, I miss you Zoey.