There is a great blog I follow, that I can often relate with, called Artful Anxiety. The girl who writes this blog recently wrote a post where she decided to write about 10 things she is thankful for as soon as she wakes up in the morning. She tried it, and it had a positive effect on her. I love this idea!
I used to be in the habit of “counting my blessings” before going to bed each night (a habit created partially from a religious upbringing and partially from one of my favorite movies White Christmas) . However, I have recently fallen out of this habit. This morning, I woke up before everyone, and decided to check my email while laying in bed. Lucky for me, Artful Anxiety wrote a new post about being thankful. Right then and there I decided to open up a new page on my laptop and start my own list.
Here it is…
1. My parents are here with me all weekend.
2. Fiance is snuggled next to me.
3. I have the cutest little dog.
4. I am (for the most part) healthy.
5. The wedding is EXACTLY 21 days away!!!!
6. Zoey lives a block and a half away.
7. I had a full night’s sleep. (First time this week)
8. The opportunity to write whatever I want, post it online for the world to see, and have other’s “like” it.
9. Air conditioner.
That’s it. That was the first ten things I thought of while laying in bed. Of course there our HUNDREDS of more things and people I am thankful for. In fact, here’s are some pics of several events I am thankful to have experienced with my parents yesterday!
Their first full day in the city was definitely a success! I can’t wait for more adventures: SOHO, Brooklyn, Broadway, Chelsea… you will see us soon!